Tuesday, September 30, 2014

30.09.2014



Today I loved myself. Did You?

There were infinite moments of joy today. Some could just be felt while some could be observed. While I was still adulating myself for no reason, the reasons were not far away. I was a little skeptical about the other night’s write up as in how would the readers take that. Honestly it comes to my mind before I post anything on public space. But then I had written that with a very honest heart, and it was received well. It was a joy beyond description. Thank you readers!

On many occasions I have observed, we human beings may be relatively different but the envelope that surrounds us, makes us more identical than we would realize. While returning from office, it was dark and humid. To make it worse, the heavy traffic didn’t leave a stone unturned. I was just waiting anxiously to get down the shared auto (For those who do not have a privilege to board one, it is an auto rickshaw shared by many people, approx. – 10, who are just unknown to each other). There were seven other co-passengers equally restless to de board. As the auto approached the infamous crossing of Sector-71, there were a number of hawkers and under privileged men and women asking for some financial assistance. As it is not new for me and I assume it was neither new to my fellow passengers, none of us paid any heed to them. The caravan of automobiles was just fast enough to be overtaken by the pedestrians. It seemed as if the automobiles were parked and their owners played hide and seek in between! After some time of stillness, out of nowhere, emerges a woman. Too old and wrinkled at her age. She was hardly able to stand upright and had to take a twig’s help. She hardly spoke a word while bringing her hands inside out in front of people. She was seeking some financial assistance. I kept on looking at her and the reaction of people, till she reached to us. To my surprise, almost at the same time everyone took out a coin out of their sack and without a second thought offered her. A joy was so much visible on her face. A joy would have been so much felt inside everyone’s heart.

There would have been a dozen men and women like her who came before her and for all of them the reaction of most of the people was discouraging. But what caused that sudden change of mind is something I could vaguely relate to my observation that “the envelope that surrounds us, makes us more identical than we would realize”.

The ignition behind today’s write up was that, because of many obvious and less obvious reasons we feel shackled and left out. It seems we are the only one going through such a phase. While the reality is, you are not the only one. There are many people around you going through the same pain and pleasure every day. It all depends on the choice you make, it can either bring you enormous joy or infinite pain within. The choice is all yours.

Moral of the story – You are not alone.

Good Night 

No comments:

Post a Comment